As we saw in our earlier post, there are some ways to generate high-quality leads that are most effective. However, not all of them will work successfully for all B2B companies. It is only by constant trial and error that you can figure out the best methods that work for your B2B enterprise.
The focus of your lead generation efforts should be to bring prospects to your website and gather their information (name and email, commonly). Listed below are some tactics to increase the curiosity factor of your website and attract more eyeballs to it. Try some or all of them, depending on your web content, your budget and your ultimate goals.
- Closed beta: Prior to launching your product/service, it is a good idea to create some excitement around it. Devise some tactics such as a closed beta launch (by special invite only), giving away promo codes for first sign-ups, and so on. This is also your chance to fine-tune your product before the actual launch.
- Daily deals: Offering daily deals via a 3rd party tie-up such as Appsumo.com can help you obtain several good leads right away. Create a strong promotional campaign for this.
- Events: Hosting events related to your industry, or even participating in events hosted by others can give you some very good leads via meeting, talking and networking with others at the event. Just don’t go overboard investing in this effort.
- Content marketing: This, of course, is one of the best methods of getting lead contacts. Create and offer relevant and high-quality content in the form of articles, white papers, infographics, ebooks, reports, etc. in return for names and email addresses of the prospects. This method serves a dual purpose; not only do you get leads, but your content gets sharedextensively via social media, increasing your visibility in the domain.
- Blogging and Guest blogging: As you are aware, blogging is a great way of providing great content to your readers. To turn them into customers, obtain their names and email ids and build a ‘reader’ mailing list that you can turn to for lead generation. Guest blogging on third-party blogs can increase your visibility and display thought leadership, while linking back to your own blog from there will get you more traffic.
- Email marketing: Utilize an effective marketing automation software for implementing drip marketing and nurturing leads. Offer your leads periodic nuggets of information about your product and its uses. Remember that the CTA for all these emails should prominently include a sign-up for your product.
- Word of mouth: Personal recommendations from satisfied customers are among the best things to happen to your product. Referrals can generate immense trust and positive feedback, with the potential of generating further good leads. Therefore, enable easy referrals (by way of referral templates that can be easily filled in and sent, for example) on your website for your product.
- Search Engine Optimization: A high rank in SERP is always great!It has the potential to bring you many organic leads. However, to obtain a good ranking will take some time and sustained effort. Do not lose hope too soon if you don’t make it to the first page of the search engine results right away. Keep at your SEO.
- Software Marketplaces: GetApp and other similar websites can be great resources for lead generation. Check out a great list here.
- Webinars: Webinars may not immediately strike you as a lead generation tool, but they are effective for up-selling purposes, so use them wisely. They can indeed bring you unexpected leads.
- Integrations: One adventurous way of gaining high-quality leads is to work with a more established SaaS vendor to provide integration services and thus extra value to the customer. This way, both the products become more difficult to remove from the host company’s system. Also you may have to work on the integration all by yourself if the larger partner doesn’t want to invest resources in it. It might be worth it. So don’t hesitate. The only drawback here is that you may not get many leads, but the few that you will get will be good ones with a higher chance of converting.
- Reseller program: Setting up a reseller program is not easy. You need to invest a lot of effort and time. However, the results can be totally awesome. In fact, once your product starts selling and your business grows, reselling companies will come knocking.
- Social Media: Social media channels are more than avenues to connect with your customers. With the right approach, you can use them to produce fantastic leads in a very cost-effective way.
- Online Advertising: This is an effective, though a slightly costly, method of reaching a larger target audience, educating them about your product and driving leads. This is one technique that can serve a helpful purpose at every stage of your lead’s buyer’s journey funnel.
- Retargeting: Retargeting can help you not only to generate leads but also to convert existing leads to buying customers. Sometimes, despite visiting your website, people may not fill forms. This may simply indicate that they’re not ready. By displaying retargeting ads to them while they do their research, you keep your brand top of mind and that may be all that the lead needs to make the leap to becoming a customer.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM): SEM can give you quick, effective and reliable leads better than SEO. SEM is also flexible and cost-effective and often works out more advantageous than SEO, because search engine algorithms keep changing and SEO needs constant fine-tuning to deliver results.
- Public Relations: PR works synergistically with social media and SEO to establish you as a thought leader, create buzz about and direct traffic to your website and also get third-party coverage for your product.
- Cold Calling: The good old way of yore! Cold calling does work even today, though not as much as earlier, now that we have so many other techniques available.
Clearly, there are multiple ways and means to generate leads for your B2B business. Which one you want to take advantage of will depend, among other factors, on what your goal, timelines, budgets, customers and business sector are. These are just pointers; you can, with time and experience, work out the best strategies and features that give results for your business and abandon those that don’t.
In the end, all you need are a few sure-fire techniques that will give you a sustained ROI on your marketing budget, year after year, consistently.
For any other query on online marketing/ digital marketing, contact us at www.digitant.com.